Mr Junichi Fukasawa, Editor of South East Asia for The Yomiuri Shimbun, Japan’s major daily newspaper with 10 million copies sold daily, interviewed me on Friday 30 Dec 2011. He wanted to talk about the state of democracy in Singapore and the growing sense of citizens for democracy as it was felt that the general and presidential elections this year have demonstrated the wishes of a large segment of the electorate for change; he wanted to know the reasons for Singaporeans’ unhappiness with the government. I explained how the economic and social policies of the government have divided the nation and caused great distress to ordinary citizens who have now openly expressed how they feel. He asked what this would lead to in the future. I told them the voters have shown their sentiments against single party dominance and preference for diversity in the same way that the Japanese have rejected the dominance of the LDP in favour of diversity of political parties.The day may come when Singaporeans welcome a coalition government like more than 75 other countries in the world today.
Take Action NOW
Tan Jee Say thanks all his supporters!
Artiss YouTube Embed: The YouTube ID of mj-qLLRX7QI is invalid.
Facebook Like Box
Tan Jee Say for President
- Japan’s major daily newspaper interviewed me on the future of Singapore’s politics
- A Nation Awakes – Where to buy…
- I was honoured to be interviewed by The Online Citizen for our book, “A Nation Awakes”.
- Press Release – Launch of Book “A Nation Awakes” about Singapore’s 2011 GE & PE
- Delightful surprise meeting after 38 years
- Passang Tshering talks about Happiness from the point of view of a Bhutanese
- Ang Yong Guan talks about ERP
- Heroes in Our Hearts – speech at JBJ Memorial 22 Oct 2011
- Happiness as national goal
- What did I tell J P Morgan?
- Brunei’s Young Entrepreneurs celebrate 10th anniversary
- J P Morgan discussed Singapore politics with Tan Jee Say
- Prepare for a broad-based non-PAP Government
- Abolish the ISA
- Thank You Luncheon for Tan Jee Say Presidential Campaign 2011 on 25-Sept-2011, Sunday 12pm
- Dear Dr Tony Tan
- Congratulations and commiserations from Sir Ivor Crewe
- Cooling-off Day approaches…
- Dear fellow Singaporeans, do stop campaigning on cooling off day!
- Rally Speeches on 23 Aug 2011